For residents all around Lebanon, TN & Hermitage, TN, and beyond, we know that home conditioning systems can sometimes be a headache. That’s why we’ve put together these handy DIY tips to help you handle minor issues with your air conditioning system, furnace, and cooling system.
Air Conditioning Repair:
When living in the sweltering heat of Lebanon, TN or the mild climate of Hermitage, TN, air conditioner breakdowns are a nightmare. Before calling a pro, here are a few things to check:
1. Filter: A clogged filter can restrict airflow and cause your system to work harder than it should. Regularly replacing your filters can help keep your AC running smoothly.
2. Thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is set to “cool” and at a lower temperature than the current room’s temperature.
In the chilly seasons of Old Hickory and Madison, TN, a well-maintained furnace is essential for a cozy home. Here are some upkeep tasks to ensure your furnace operates effectively:
1. Regular Cleaning: Dust and debris can cause your furnace to work inefficiently. Regular cleaning of the furnace blower, vents, and moving parts can significantly improve the unit’s lifetime.
2. Pilot Light: Keep an eye on the pilot light. This tiny flame should be a steady blue. If it’s orange or yellow, it could mean that there’s a problem with your furnace.
For folks in Goodlettsville, all you need is a well-functioning cooling system during the sunny days. Here’s a tip to keep it in shape:
1. Exterior Unit: Regularly clear debris from around the exterior unit and clean the condenser coils. It’s a surefire way to boost the efficiency of your AC unit.
Central Air Replacement:
In the beautiful city of Mt. Juliet, TN, if your old cooling system gives out, a central air replacement can be expensive. Here are some signs it might be time:
1. Your AC unit is more than 15 years old
2. Your AC is frequently in need of repairs
3. You’re facing unreasonably high electricity bills
Should you face any difficulty, remember, Childs Heating and Air is one call away to provide dedicated services in repairing or replacing your air conditioning, or maintaining your furnace. Home conditioning is a job best left to the experts, but with these tips at your disposal, you can give it a try and save yourself some inconveniences and maybe even some costs. But remember, when in doubt, don’t hesitate to call in the pros!
Remember, knowledge, and good maintenance is the key to a hassle-free home environment!